Heya playas, I know a lot of you guys have asked for fashion tips and advice in the past so today I’m gonna share with you 5 dress shirt tips that every guy should know.
First off I want thank Twillory for sending me two amazingly high quality t-shirts. Not only do these guys offer free shipping and returns on all their products, they also include a prepaid mailer bag where you can re-purpose your old clothes. Simply go through your closet, take all the clothes that you don’t wear and donate them to charity. They make it so much easier for you to do than to actually go somewhere and bring it. Do it right from your house. Plus at the end of this post, I’m going to share with you guys an awesome coupon code that they gave me, so hang on for that.
The first thing you need to know about dress shirts is how to properly roll your sleeves. There are generally three ways to do it which I’ll share right now.
- The basic roll is for when you’re doing any kind of manual work with your hands. Washing dishes, fixing things, whatever it may be. To do this one you unbutton both buttons on your shirt and then you start to roll your sleeves back all the way up your arm till it’s a little bit above your elbow.
- The casual roll is for when you want to roll your sleeves up but it’s too damn hot outside. We’re talking, you just need a little bit of breathing room right there. So, to do this one all you have to do is take off the first button and then roll it up once to just hide the cuff there. That’s all you want to do, hide the cuff.
- The master roll which is the one that I prefer to do. I think it looks a lot cleaner and isn’t as bulky. What you have to do is unbutton the first button on the shirt, pull the shirt now all the way up, a little bit past the elbow that way you just have that full roll and now what you’re going to do is fold the rest of the shirt up so that only the cuff is sticking out just a little bit above the fold, it’s flat, it’s clean, it looks professional. I think that’s the way to go.
The second thing you need to know about dress shirts is when to tuck them in. If a shirt’s too short, you don’t want to tuck it in because it’s gonna keep falling out but if a shirt is too long, you might look like you’re wearing a dress. What you should be looking for is whether or not the shirt lays about 3 inches below the belt line. If it’s shorter then you probably don’t want to tuck it. But if is longer like the shirt I’m wearing here, you probably should.
The third thing you need to know about dress shirts is how to determine if it’s too big for you. Trust me, a lot of guys make this mistake. If you look at the shoulder cut on the shirt, if it lies on on the shoulder blade then it’s just right, anything that hangs over or comes in to close is either too big or too small. Plus the shirt shouldn’t have a lot of pull to it either or baggage under the arm. If it does, then it’s too damn big.
The fourth thing that you need to know about dress shirts is whether or not you should wear an undershirt underneath it. Here’s what I think. Now this is often debatable but, some people wear it because they sweat a lot and they don’t want it to show on their shirt or it just keeps them warm. Now, the truth is you really don’t need an undershirt. In fact you’re better off wearing a nice cotton shirt with no visible lines or cuts underneath it.
The fifth thing you need to know is that you’re much better off investing in a few high-quality t-shirts instead of bunch of low-quality ones. A big mistake a lot of people make is purchasing polyester t-shirts. Polyester is not a high grade material, it’s actually a low grade material, plus it’s not breathable for the skin so wearing it will cause you to sweat a lot. Instead, wear pure cotton form fitting t-shirts. Sure, it may cost you a little bit more money but in the long term, it is a much better investment.
That’s why I’m gonna help you invest, Twillory is offering 50% off any of their dress shirts. You can get two for $99 or four for $199. If you want to get access to those specific codes, check it out below.
What do you guys think though, how important is looking well-dressed to you? Leave your comments below so we can talk about it.
Wearing dress shirts can help shape up your image tremendously. That’s why it’s important to know how to wear them so you can highlight your best attributes and always look like your best self.
As always guys, love and peace.
SPECIAL COUPON CODES:
- Use the code “2SHIRTS” to get 2 shirts for $99 at Twillory
- Use the code “4SHIRTS” to get 4 shirts for $199 at Twillory